E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness)
E-A-T stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness, and is a way to evaluate the quality and relevance of a website and its content. E-A-T is a concept that was introduced in the Google Quality Rater Guidelines and it is used to assess the credibility and trustworthiness of a website and its authors.
Expertise refers to the knowledge and experience of the author or website in their field or industry. Authoritativeness refers to the reputation and credibility of the author or website within their field or industry. Trustworthiness refers to the level of trust that users can have in the content and advice provided by the author or website.
To improve your website’s E-A-T, you can consider the following:
- Create high-quality, informative, and accurate content that addresses the needs and interests of your target audience.
- Use credible sources and references to support your content.
- Include biographical information about the authors of your content on your website, including their qualifications and experience.
- Encourage and respond to customer reviews, feedback and testimonials
- Showcase any awards, certifications, or affiliations that your business or authors have received
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate, visually appealing, and has a professional design.
- Be transparent about your business, include contact information and physical address
- Avoid creating low-quality or manipulative content, such as clickbait or thin affiliate content.
It’s important to note that building E-A-T is a gradual process, and it takes time to establish your website as an authoritative and trustworthy source of information in your industry.